Mirror Exclusive: The Premier League player arrested last year on suspicion of rape will be released on bail until early July
January 27 News According to an exclusive report by Mirror reporter Alan Smith, the
A Premier League footballer arrested on suspicion of rape will remain out on bail until early July.
The man has denied the allegations and has continued to feature for his club.
He was first arrested at a location in north London last July after a woman in her 20s called the police.
While in custody, the international was further arrested in connection with two other incidents involving the rape of another woman, but police have confirmed that no further review will be taken into one of the cases.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed to the Mirror that bail had been extended for a third time.
In a previous statement, police said: “On 4 July, a woman in her 20s was charged with rape. The rape reportedly occurred in June 2022.
While in custody, he was also arrested on suspicion of two rapes against another woman in her 20s in April and June 2021.
No further action will be taken in relation to the alleged offense in June 2021, as the relevant legislation was not yet in force when it is said to have occurred.